Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's a Farmgirl to Wear?


We want to look good, even when we're scooping poop. Right, ladies? Since I discovered the Super Birki clog, it has been hard to get me to wear other shoes to the barn. Last Fall I found a pink pair with poodles and the Eiffel tower printed on the inserts. I've worn them so much you can't still see the Eiffel tower - wish I had taken a picture of them when they were new. That pair seems to be sold out but they are always coming out with new fun colors. I have a purple pair, too. Here's a dusty pink pair. These shoes are great because they can get wet. When they get dirty you can just hose them off. Plus they cover enough of the top of the foot that it usually protects you from the occasional alpaca toenail that steps on you when doing herd health.

Okay, now that I think about it, maybe the Birks aren't THAT good looking. But they are comfortable, and they get the job done safely and effectively, and the color brings a little cheer to my day. The biggest problem that I have with Birks is that they have lead to my insisting on wearing Birkenstocks everywhere, not just to the barn. I am so addicted to comfortable shoes that I am going to be in serious trouble when I am expected to attend a wedding this Fall. This summer I branched out into FitFlops for daily wear, but I can't wear those to the wedding...... Can I?
Let me know what you think, and if you have some other recommendations for what Alpaca Farmgirls might like to wear!

No comments: