Busy today preparing for a rainy weekend. Hubby has been tracking Faye since the beginning. Our favorite place to do this is noaa. Currently Faye has max sustained winds at 45MPH. She does seem to be leaving a lot of rain in her wake. Our ground is already saturated from a rainy summer, but we are high so I doubt we will have any bad flooding on our farm. Faye should be here this afternoon with the center of the storm coming around 4-6am.
I have gotten out the board games and am washing towels and sheets so I can let the kids help me fold later. We are all getting our computer time in early so we can unplug once the storm gets here. I have made rice krispy treats, always a huge hit at our house.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup clear Karo syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use Peter Pan Plus to add vitamins)
- 6 cups rice crispies
- 12oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 12oz. butterscotch morsels
- Melt butterscotch chips, then add chocolate chips. I use a double boiler for this.
- Add sugar and Karo syrup to large saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring frequently, until it is clear and bubbles begin to form.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in 6 cups rice crispies.
- Grease 13x9 pan. Spoon rice crispy mixture into pan.
- Spread the melted chocolate mixture over the rice crispies
- Allow to cool completely and set before cutting.
- Store covered. Enjoy!
See ya on the other side of Tropical Storm Faye.